Error 2950 When Using SendObject in Access 2007

J Lee

I have a database that was built with Access 2007 (32 bit) that emails Access reports in a .snp format with a macro using SendObject commands. The macro worked perfectly when I was using Outlook 2007.

I recently upgraded to Outlook 2010 64 bit, but kept Access 2007. Since the upgrade I get Error 2950 whenever I try to run the macro.
The error popup says:

The command or action 'SendObject' isn't available now.
*You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted database from an earlier verion of Access.
*The tye of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or in the current view.

I followed the suggested fix from Microsoft found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931407.
I added the folder that contains the db to the trusted locations and allowed the subfolders. I also enabled all macros in Access. Only I have access to the database so there is no one else is using it.

In Outlook, I made sure my Trust Center settings were the same as I had when I had Outlook 2007.

I tested the macro on my coworkers PC who is still using Outlook 2007 (32bit) and everything still works.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Does anyone know a way I can use my current 32bit Access 2007 to send emails successfully through my 64bit Outlook 2010?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I haven't come across this specific issue but the 64 bit versions of Office have caused problems in a variety of situations.
Microsoft was advising people to stay with 32-bit unless they specifically needed the 64-bit version; not sure if they still are.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyFlower

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back