Error '1004' cannot paste table with VBA

Jeronym

I am trying to copy table content from table [Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport] (let's call this one TableSource) on worksheet [Data] to another table [Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport3] (let's call it Table3) on worksheet [Filtered_Data] after I have deleted all content of Table3 and in TableSource all rows with value 0 in column [PFQVALUE].

I use the code below, but run into the following error which I just can't seem to resolve: Run-Time Error '1004': Cannot complete operation: A table cannot overlap with a PivotTable report, query results, a table, merged cells or an XML mapping.

Your help in solving this will be appreciated!

Code:
Sub Delete_PFQVALUE_0()
    Dim Last1 As Long
    Dim colPFQVALUE As Integer

Set tbl = ActiveSheet.ListObjects(1)
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Filtered_Data")
        On Error Resume Next
        colPFQVALUE = .Range("Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport3[PFQVALUE]").AutoFilter
        Range("Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport3[PFQVALUE]").EntireRow.Delete
        On Error GoTo 0
    End With
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Data")
        colPFQVALUE = .Range("Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport[PFQVALUE]").Column
        ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport").Range. _
        AutoFilter Field:=colPFQVALUE, Criteria1:="0"
    If tbl.Range.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Areas.Count > 1 Then
            ActiveSheet.ListObjects(1).DataBodyRange.EntireRow.Delete
            ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table_eudaxrep.driscolls.com_EUDaxViewReport").Range. _
            AutoFilter Field:=colPFQVALUE
            ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.Copy
            Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Filtered_Data").Range("A2"), _
            scroll:=True
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, _
            SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
            :=False, Transpose:=False
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
            SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
            :=False, Transpose:=False
    Exit Sub
    End If
            MsgBox "No PFQVALUE = 0 found, please continue", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Entry Error"
            AutoFilter Field:=colPFQVALUE
            ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.Copy
            ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
            ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
sometime pivots are too wide/tall (wider than what you would visually expect), I'm not really sure about what the rules actually are, If I have to automate them i leave maybe 20 columns apart, and just hide the columns not in use

Upvote 0
Ok, so I might be able to solve it by selecting only the columns I need and paste those to the new table? If so I will need to find the VBA code for selecting columns based upon their header row names.

Upvote 0
not done this part myself, select the columns you want and then give them a range name in the address Name box, so I selected A1&A2 + C1&C2 and in the name box called it MyRange, then select away and in name box type myrange and it selects the cells

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back