Erik piano improvisation

cornflakegirl

Erik

Just clicked on your piano link in your sig - it's really lovely! Nice chords! My husband really liked it too.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Thank you, Emma!

This piece was played to start a recital (that one was on a little piano) as kind of prayer. It was a benefit concert for some doctors who went to Jemen to help the people over there.
The song is well known amongst the christian public and I played it many times always in different versions. Every time something new comes out: it's amazing what can be done with simple songs. Once I found a combination with a piece of Schumann and inserted the whole song during concert: nobody was aware of it. Only when listening to the recording, they heared it. O, I love that kind of enigmas, I love simply to "play": you can take that in all possible meanings.

When my "little" brother got married, nobody heared that I played in fact a simple folk song in the basses on the organ, during some "solemn" music.
When my best friends daughter got married, I inserted the "Abba" song within a rock piece on piano.

O, playing is so nice!! Some months ago, I was asked to improvise during a production of "The Sound of Music" (4 times 800 people in public) Each day, a few moments before the start, I asked some people in the crowd to chose some songs and mixed them with the "normal" themes of the musical: "The lord of the Rings", our national anthem, "Abba, Father" (again!), ... They were only recognised by the "insiders", except for one song. It seemed indeed that half of the public heared (part of) our anthem and some actors were laughing to tears behind the curtain. :rofl:

Enjoying LIFE and hope to play still for a loooong time!

Hehe - that is very cool. I'm jealous! I used to be quite a good technical pianist, but I could never do stuff like that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back