Enter Parameter

Knight of Nee

Board Regular
Hi

For a project for college I have to make an access database for stock control. Part of this involves making an invoice for an order. For this I imported the Invoices report form the northwinds example database into my database. Once I did this, I changed the report source and all other fields to a query I have created which pulls the order details.

This works fine but when I run the report it asks for me to enter the Product ID parameter and I cannot get rid of it. I know this must be coming from the northwinds original report because I do not have a field any where in my database called ProductID.

Also I have tried deleted all of the fields, label etc from the report and it still does it even through the report is empty.

Can anyone suggest where this productID is coming from and how I might get rid of it. I have tried everything I can think off and its driving me mad!

Thanks in advance
Craig

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Look at the underlying query for the report. If the productID field is there, delete it. If not, see if it calls on any other queries. These may be the culprits.
Bottom line: if your form/report is based on a chain of queries, the missing field could be in any of those queries.

Denis

Upvote 0
Hi

I dont think it is the query i am using which is doing it, as when i run the query on its own i dont get the box up asking me to enter it.

do you have any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Upvote 0
Check the Order By property of the form.

Upvote 0
I realize the problem is probably very fixable, but, you might do well to just rebuild the form using the wizard interface yourself. It (form builder wizard) really doesn't do a bad job doing basic tasks.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back