"Enter Parameter Value"

spg2112

I created a formula in a query from fields in a different query. Then in the same query I want a calculation off the result of the first calculation. It works fine, but everytime I run the query it asks me for a parameter value. If I leave it blank and just say OK, I get the correct results, but it is VERY annoying!

How can I re-write the formula so it doesn't promt for a parameter?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
If you are being prompted for a parameter, you probably either have a parameter entered as criteria in one of the fields, or you have a field in the query that Access does not recognize (does not belong to any table or query, perhaps you changed a name?). If you find it and fix it, it should go away.

What does the prompt say when it asks you for a parameter? That should give you a hint as to what is causing the problem.

Upvote 0
It really shouldn't be doing that at all; usually, when you get the Parameter box pop up, it means that you either omitted or changed the name of a field in the underlying table/query and it's now looking for a field that no longer exists. Have a look in the underlying query/queries at the field that it is prompting you for.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, sorry I'm just now getting back. I think the problem was that the parameter I was being asked for was an Expression in the query, but in my criteria was still "Group By"..that fixed it. Thanks again for helping! Steve

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregs44132

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back