Enhanced Search Options

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Didn't there used to be an option that when searching, you could look for the keywords in the Title only?

I used to use this a lot, as it kept my searches down to manageable level of threads to check out.

I noticed that under the "Search Previous" option, there is a third radio button with no description. Is this where it used to be?

jmiskey said:
I noticed that under the "Search Previous" option, there is a third radio button with no description. Is this where it used to be?

Correct. The button is still there, but the text is not--I have no idea why, and no idea how we can really fix it.

That said, go ahead and try it. I can't guarantee it will work as it should, but it can't hurt anything. :)

No, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work (or at least do that function, only searching the title).

Kristy,

Do you know if there are any plans to try to fix it? Do we need to contact phpBB?

To my knowledge, there are no plans to fix it.

We don't even have access to all of the administration tools--some of those pages are messed up as well and there are no plans to fix those, either (thankfully they're not majorly important controls).

As for contacting phpBB, they wouldn't do anything anyway. They provide the board software, but they don't fix it. Basically once you install it, it's your own problem--though people can ask questions on the phpBB message boards if they run into problems.

As for this board, all of the code is maintained by Suat, though Tracy and Bill can get in there if needed. Those are the only people I know of for a fact, at any rate.

For the time being at least, we're pretty much stuck with what we've got. I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry! :(

Dang! :(

I really miss that functionality. It was a great tool in finding old posts that relate to current questions.

I tried fixing it, but matching up the templates and php files and stuff - well, I have no idea what I'm doing. I spent about 1/2 hour looking at various files. Right now, I'm a bit busy - but when I have time, I'll look again. The previous version is still on the server - so I'm trying to find those files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueH1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back