Email Notification

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Today, for some reason, I'm not getting email notification. Is there a problem with the system?

I've checked with my...

1) ISP

2) Email account

3) 'Profile' on MrExcel

Everything checks out...

Not sure. Although I know that once you get a reply to a thread, you will not receive any other noticies until re-visit said thread. From the notification emails: "This topic has received a reply since your last visit. ...no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic."

At any rate, I think it's probably just goofiness with the software. Not sure if we can fix it, but I can ask about it.

Von Pookie said:
Not sure. Although I know that once you get a reply to a thread, you will not receive any other noticies until re-visit said thread.

The problem, though, is that I never get an initial notice. Even after posting this message I didn't get an email notification.

At any rate, I think it's probably just goofiness with the software. Not sure if we can fix it, but I can ask about it.

Thanks Kristy! Much appreciated!

At this exact moment, all I can really suggest is to make sure the "notify of replies" option is selected when you post, or to just use the "watch this topic for replies" option (you have to click the link at the bottom of the page to turn this on).

Von Pookie said:
At this exact moment, all I can really suggest is to make sure the "notify of replies" option is selected when you post, or to just use the "watch this topic for replies" option (you have to click the link at the bottom of the page to turn this on).

That's great! Thanks Kristy!

... all I can really suggest is to make sure the "notify of replies" option is selected when you post, or to just use the "watch this topic for replies" option...

Still doesn't work. I waited 'til today hoping that the maintenance work that took place over the weekend might fix things. But unfortunately, it didn't.

Is there anything that can be done? Can we try deleting my Username and re-submitting it? I'd like to be able to keep it if at all possible.

I really never use the notification options myself, so I'm not as "up" on those as I probably should be. But I know you have the "always notify" option in your profile selected--I would have thought that would do it.

I can bring it up to the other admins again, though. That's really all I can do to look into it--can't actually do anything about it myself :)

Domenic, I can see the failed delivery notifications. As soon as you've verified that you DO have notification turned on for this question, I'll post again and see if it generates a failed delivery from you.

Some ISPs will automatically block what they consider spam - have you discussed this with them?

Domenic, I can see the failed delivery notifications. As soon as you've verified that you DO have notification turned on for this question, I'll post again and see if it generates a failed delivery from you.

Some ISPs will automatically block what they consider spam - have you discussed this with them?

I just checked my email account on my ISP's server and, lo and behold, 46 messages -- most of them from MrExcel :) -- sitting in my Junk Email folder. I lowered the level of protection for my 'Junk Email Filter' and voila, my first ding (email notification from the Board) as I'm typing. Eureeka!!!! Problem solved!!!

It seems that after some changes were made recently with my email account with my ISP, the level of protection was automatically 'enhanced'. Who knew? :)

Tracy, thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back