Email notification of subscribed threads

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
I have the default set to No Email Notification, but I keep getting email notification. Wouldn't be too much of a problem, but some days this may mean a LOT of emails that I don't really want. Is there some setting I need to change?

Re: NEW BOARD: Email notification of subscribed threads

Weird, I just checked your settings (I didn't toggle anything) and it looks you have them set as you described.

These are the same settings that I have and I've never recieved an email on any thread. Is it possible you responded to or created a few threads with the default in place and recieving emails to those threads? I changed my setting before posting on the new board...

I suspect this notification setting caches with the thread, if you'd point me to a thread you're receiving emails on, I could double-check for you.

I'm wondering if we should change the default setting at this point, I'm guessing 85% of people don't want emails...? :confused:

[edit=Nate]I just checked your settings for this thread and it appears you should not be getting a notification of my response. Can you verify that?[/edit]

Last edited:

Note that the default setting is overruled by threads which you answered to before setting to "no email".

Check out via "User CP" subscribed threads: "list subscriptions" check out under "notification"

I had another look.
You can select the threads with "instant", then change the email notification next to "selected threads" at the bottom of the list.

You can select the threads with "instant", then change the email notification next to "selected threads" at the bottom of the list.
Nice call, I'll include this with a screen-shot in my massive thread on the new board. :biggrin:

Create it ASAP, even partially, so you can "unstick" some stickies, else new threads will immediately go to page 2, which can be very confusing.

Now answer: "Yes, sir!" :biggrin:

After a bit of adaptation, I'm very pleased with the new options.
Even when some layout trouble of "old" posts can't be repaired (it's a pitty for Table-It and some other tools) it's a real enhancement.

Thanks Guys - I think I was getting them because I changed the defaults some time after a mammoth posting session on Monday - hence a bazillion emails which has now dried up. Phew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back