Eliminating blank fields in a report

jack4505

I have a report and some fields will be blank from time to time. Can I delete the blank field in the report and have the other fields move up so the blank space is not Visible.
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You probably could with a lot of VBA programming.

Why do you want to do it anyway?

Upvote 0
I thought it would be neat but I don't need it that much. I thought as I framed my question that this might be beyond my limited skills and way more sophistication than I needed.
Thanks anyway it seemed like a good idea at the time.
jack.

Upvote 0
Hi, you might want to give this a try and see if it works :

View your report in design mode, select the field you want eliminated, Click View -> Properties -> Format -> Can Shrink -> Yes. Save and Run.

See if this has the effect you are looking for. Please beware that it might result in some odd formatting - depending on other elements around it on the report.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
I tried that but it did not appear to change anything. Don't worry about it, that was not a great idea of mine. Thank you.

I do have another conumdrum!

I have used the Switchboard Manager to create a Main Switch Board and 4 subsidiary switch boards. The Main has 5 buttons and the others have 4 buttons. I put bitmaps on the buttons in Design View and now they carry forward to the other 4. It looks a bit silly as my 'Return to Main Menu' is now a printer symbol and not the exit door. Is there a way to access the sub switch boards in Design View so I could customise each button?

Jack.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back