Editing the OP of an unanswered question, or deleting the thread and reposting

Thewyzewun

Hi

On some (not all) vBulletin sites I use you can edit an OP (original post/thread starter), including the title, in order to update instead of posting an update separately, which leads to readers having to read both posts.

A few days ago I posted a question here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...sheets-given-text-identifier.html#post3560403

And I'd like to edit the OP, including the title - the question has gone unanswered and the stuff I've worked out towards solving the problem since the OP, which I've posted about in an update to the thread, gets a bit lost I feel below the OP. Also I know from looking for unanswered questions on LinuxQuestions that I use the Zero Reply Posts search to find stuff that is most in need of a response, I did consider when I realized I couldn't edit the OP not posting a follow-up but then as there's no option to close the thread and restart it either (and TBH, I don't think there should be either if you can't edit posts; people would just use this instead and anyone subscribing to new threads could get a bit inundated.

I'm questioning now that I've written all this whether I should even post this - I'm not a forum regular, and I've gone on a bit, if nothing else maybe this could just be taken as feedback about user experience :). As for the question I posted, I'm continuing to google out the solution myself today.

Just report the thread that you made and ask for it to be deleted or for the the title to the be changed and then bump the thread yourself so that it goes back into the first page of new threads and then hopefully someone will be able to solve your problem

You have about 10 minutes to edit any post you make. After that, it becomes locked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back