Editing Relationships

dbh139

I am having a problem with the relationships that Access 2000 automatically sets up from the tables I created. I am looking to create a many to one relationship, when Access automatically creates a one to many relationship. I have one primary information table which contains multiple ID's for customer, contractor, operating company, etc. I am looking for the smaller tables to supply only one field from their list into the primary information table, however I believe the one to many relationship that is being created does not allow this. A smaller table, for example has a customer ID, the primary key. It contains a corresponding customer name and possibly another identification field that corresponds to the customer name. I only want one out of the possible customer ID's to be inputed for each record in the primary table. Let me know if anyone can help me with this.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi dbh139,

Its difficult to understand how your tables are set up from this description, could you provide some sample data and maybe some details on the tables such as the fields contained in that table, what the primary ID for the table is, and what you have named the table. This will make helping you much easier.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back