Dynamic Tab Reference in Formula

gahooja

I have a sumproduct formula below on a summary sheet in a workbook which works fine. I have multiple tabs in the workbook. Is there a way i can reference each tab based on a cell and copy this formula over based on the tab name?

=SUMPRODUCT((Burt!B4:G4='Overall Summary'!V6)*(Burt!A7:A23='Overall Summary'!A20)*(Burt!B7:G23))

So this formula references tab name Burt but i want to be able to put in a cell number instead of burt and it will reference that tab and get my data. Is this possible?

For example if i have the list of tabs in the same worksheet as the formula
A1 - Burt
B1 - Smith
C1 - George

can i get the formula to do this
=SUMPRODUCT((A1!B4:G4='Overall Summary'!V6)*(A1!A7:A23='Overall Summary'!A20)*(A1!B7:G23))

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!B4:G4")='Overall Summary'!V6),--(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A7:A23")='Overall Summary'!A20),(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!B7:G23")))
or
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(4,2,,,A1)&":"&ADDRESS(4,7))='Overall Summary'!V6),--(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(7,1,,,A1)&":"&ADDRESS(23,1,,,A1))='Overall Summary'!A20),(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(7,2,,,A1)&":"&ADDRESS23,7)))

Upvote 0
Thanks for the formula but i am getting a #VALUE! error. I tried to evaluate and it seems like everything calculated right so not sure where the error occurred. Thx again for your help

Upvote 0
Does your original formula work? SUMPRODUCT usually requires all ranges to be of the same dimensions, and either 1-row high or 1-column wide.

Upvote 0
Yes my original formula is working, just tried it again and it populates it with a value that i was looking for in there.

=SUMPRODUCT((Burt!B4:G4='Overall Summary'!V6)*(Burt!A7:A23='Overall Summary'!A20)*(Burt!B7:G23))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back