Dynamic Report

cterjesen

Board Regular
I am trying to create a report in access that will automatically update when I import a new month's data. The report has 13 months (columns) of rolling data. For example, the last report had July 02 through July 03 as the columns. This month, when I import the new data into access for August I want the report to show August 02 through August 03 data.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Yes, but the headings in the Report will need to be textboxes rather than labels. Presumably you have logic on the underlying query that advances the dataset?
For the headings try this: (I'm assuming that the set is -12, -11, -10... -1 months from some trigger date and a Total).
For the first heading TextBox, the ControlSource should be:
=DATEADD("m",Your_Trigger_Date,-12) "m" gives you months. Check the syntax of the function in case Your_Trigger_Date and -12 are round the wrong way -- i'm not in front of Access at the moment.
Repeat for the other headings, then adjust the format to display the headings. Try "mmm yy" for the date format, then play with the fonts.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I'll have to try this soon. This seems like a better solution than one I've done. One thing to add - try using a crosstab query as the recordsource for the report.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back