Dynamic Rate Formula Google sheets

invalidlabel

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am working on helping my city to formulate a new rate structure for our water department. I have my Google Sheet 90% of the way I want it to be. The rates are a tiered rate structure. I am wanting to be able to change the rates and have that change reflect on the gross revenue and monthly charge. For residential customers, there is a base rate for the first 1,000 gallons usage for both water and sewer. There is a rate for 1,001-4,000 gallons, 4,001-9,000, 9,001-15,000. I also have a similar rate structure for commercial customers and a rate structure for wholesale. The rate structure is located in columns A, B, & C, AND ROWS 2- 27. The gross revenue is based off the data starting at column M and row 3. Column M, row 3- 5 is the average monthly usage in gallons for each customer type. Column N, row 3- 5 is the monthly average for water usage in dollars. Column O, rows 3-5 is the monthly average for sewer in dollars. Colum P is the totals of water and sewage combined. Row Q is the number of active customers. I have the monthly usage in dollars calculating for the current rate table, but I also can not figure out a way to have it change to correctly reflect and changes to the rates. Those are in F, H, & J, rows 3 & 6. Hopefully this is not too wordy and I appreciate any and all help in doing this. I have attached a link to a "Help Sheet" below.

Forum Help - Shared Sheet for Help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
... but I also can not figure out a way to have it change to correctly reflect and changes to the rates. Those are in F, H, & J, rows 3 & 6. Hopefully this is not too wordy and I appreciate any and all help in doing this. I have attached a link to a "Help Sheet" below.

Forum Help - Shared Sheet for Help...
I am assuming "and" was meant to be "any". In Sheets, when you set up a formula it will automatically recalculate when any of its parameters change. So if the rates change, and they are parameters in that formula, the formula will automatically recalculate and those changed rates will be reflected in the final result.

Upvote 0
I am assuming "and" was meant to be "any". In Sheets, when you set up a formula it will automatically recalculate when any of its parameters change. So if the rates change, and they are parameters in that formula, the formula will automatically recalculate and those changed rates will be reflected in the final result.
Ah, yes, your assumption would be correct, I do apologize.
I did not know that. Makes sense though. When I would change some of the rates, they SEEMED to check out but I couldn't explain why and so therefore it must have been flawed. DOH! Anywho, I do thank you for the input.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back