Dynamic count rows down?

Wolfspyda

So as a base Excel Magic Tric 917 (it was a long time ago), did a creative way of counting the rows from 1 to “x” and then repeat itself.

Using that same logic I have tried to reverse the count function so it starts at 10 and counts down to 1 and then repeats.

The count function on MT917 was:-

Rows(C$2:C2) and as it expanded it would count the Rows.

The function I’ve tried is this:-

Rows(C2:C$10) this results in 9 and counts down to 1. The issue I have found is that this 2nd part of the Rows count is fixed as the maximum and isn’t variable. It counts down correctly as it’s locked, but I’m wondering if there is a cleaner way to go about this or a formula I haven’t considered.

Essentially I’m trying to swap the repeating function to count down from “X” to 1 then start at “X” again.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
This will count down from maximum rows (dynamic) to Row 2 in Column "C" and print the value of each cell in the Immediate Window of the VBA Project Model. Change the Workbooks and Sheets name to match your Workbook. I'm assuming that you are using Office 365 on Windows. You really should think about updating your User Profile to show your Office version and Platform so that you can get better help.
VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub CountDownRows()
Dim wb As Workbook, sht As Worksheet, rng As Range, lRow As Integer, i As Integer
Set wb = Workbooks("Book1"): Set sht = wb.Sheets("Sheet1")
lRow = sht.UsedRange.Rows.Count: Set rng = sht.Range(Cells(2, 3), Cells(lRow, 3))
For i = lRow To 2 Step -1
    Debug.Print sht.Cells(i, 3)
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
with Office 365:
Excel Formula:
=LET( reps, 25, start, 10,     MOD( SEQUENCE( reps * start,, start, -1) - 1, start ) + 1 )

Upvote 0
This will count down from maximum rows (dynamic) to Row 2 in Column "C" and print the value of each cell in the Immediate Window of the VBA Project Model. Change the Workbooks and Sheets name to match your Workbook. I'm assuming that you are using Office 365 on Windows. You really should think about updating your User Profile to show your Office version and Platform so that you can get better help.
VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub CountDownRows()
Dim wb As Workbook, sht As Worksheet, rng As Range, lRow As Integer, i As Integer
Set wb = Workbooks("Book1"): Set sht = wb.Sheets("Sheet1")
lRow = sht.UsedRange.Rows.Count: Set rng = sht.Range(Cells(2, 3), Cells(lRow, 3))
For i = lRow To 2 Step -1
    Debug.Print sht.Cells(i, 3)
Next i
End Sub
Thanks for that.

Yes I’m using 365, not sure how to add that to my profile but I’ll look into it.

I was trying to avoid using VBA, as the sheet needs to be Mac compatible

Upvote 0
Ah yes. I know nothing of Mac. I prefer to use Microsoft Excel in a Microsoft environment. Sorry. There are Mac users on here that can help, for sure. So, to update your profile click on your account icon (upper right) and then click on account details.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back