duplicating entires

Dundee Lad

Hello everyone. I want to be able to copy information on a form onto a new one and change a couple of fields can you help me with this?

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
This needs to be handled in code. Go to http://www.helenfeddema.com and look in the Access Archon section, down towards the last 20 or so entries. Plenty of juicy tidbits in there -- I used one for just what you are after.

Denis

Upvote 0
Yes, it's a code thing but you've given an extremely limited explanation of what you're looking to do.

What do you mean by copying information on a form to a new one?
Simply making a new form and then changing some of the labels, for example? Or perhaps which fields are shown or how they appear?

If you mean you want a user to input information and then you want that same information to appear in another form, that's code.

A simple approach might be:

During the event that opens this second form (such as clicking a button)
you would need to copy the current values of the fields you wish to transfer into an array -- finish opening the form, and then set the fields on the new form equal to the values of the array.

If the original input needs to be retained/aka - permanent data:

The form needs to be linked to a table. This may or may not be the 'permanent' home of the information. It could be a 'working' table that only holds values that are later transferred to the main database. You would then build another form also linked to the same table.

You would need to be careful, though, with moving back and forth between forms. A good method here is to hide (Visible=False) the first form or close it if you will not need to open it again.

Mostly I'm putting this out as an idea of how to approach this problem. By no means is this a complete checklist of everything you would need to do or validate.

Mike

Upvote 0
thanks everyone for your help. I have managed to solve this, I will make sure my explanations are much clearer next time! thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueH1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back