Duplicate Search between Two Tables

mbogan

I have two tables in my database. Table One contains one field with Social Security numbers. Table Two is complete with Social Security Numbers, Names, and Addresses. I would like to compare the two tables, and get a NEW table that contains the names and addresses for the Social Security numbers that match from Table One to Table Two.

Please help me figure this out.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You don't need to create a table to do this (as a matter of fact, it is not good design to create a table that is redundant of data in other tables).

Create a query, and only pull the values that match. You can then pull in any of the fields from your tables that you want.

Upvote 0
Well, I figured out the code I needed to create the Query. Now I ran in to one other additional problem. I just posted the new problem. It has to do with eliminating duplicates from the query upon finding one match.

Basically, my query returns alot of duplicates from the TABLE TWO. how can i eliminate this by adding something to the query that will stopping searching after finding one match between TABLE ONE and TABLE TWOO>

See my recent post called

CODE FOR MULTIPLE DUPLICATES

Thanks

Upvote 0
I responded to your other thread.

BTW, in the future, if you have follow up problems related to your original question, you can keep posting them in the same thread (starting a new thread is not necessary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back