Duplicate Information

Nine Zero

Hello All,

Im going to try and explain this as best as i can without real data because i currently do not have access to it.

Here at my job we use Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 as our CRM and are experiencing something out of the norm with access.

Every morning at 3:00 am there is a job that runs in access which refreshes all out the data to ensure we pull the most current and up to date information.

What we started noticing is that in our access db, when it is pulling some transactions that have lines with the same item number it repeats the quantity of the first line. Similar to how a VLOOKUP in Excel will return the value of the first instance that it is found no matter how many times you search for it.

This is what GP has and its what i expect to see in access
DocumentCustomerItemQuantityPrice
123456A 123-00041200100
123456A 123-00041560280
123456A 123-00021300600

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is what we currently see in access which is wrong
DocumentCustomerItemQuantityPrice
123456A 123-00041200100
123456A 123-00041200100
123456A 123-00021300600

<tbody>
</tbody>

Notice how the red values are duplicates of the previous line solely because the item number is the same

If anyone has any idea why this is occurring please i value your ideas greatly.

Im sorry with the minimal information i will try to retrieve much more information as to provide it for you guys.

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
How is that second picture being returned in Access?
Is it a query between two tables?
If so, that is the kind of issue you see when you have not done the join between the two tables properly, or it is a one-to-many or many-to-many join type.

Upvote 0
How is that second picture being returned in Access?
Is it a query between two tables?
If so, that is the kind of issue you see when you have not done the join between the two tables properly, or it is a one-to-many or many-to-many join type.

That is what i thought it was initially but after speaking with a coworker, it is one single table that this information is coming from. We now believe it is an issue with GP exporting documents with multiple lines of the same item. Because within its environment (GP) everything works fine, but as soon as a document with duplicate items is exported to a different environment "weird" things occur to the document.

Hopefully we find a solution, thanks again.

Upvote 0
Yes, if there is no query going on in Access, then I would agree it is not an Access issue, but rather source export issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durzoblint87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back