Drop down menu please help

greekboy_uk

Hello to all, I am a new user here so if I haven't provided enough info please let me know. Work: I have created a large database with companies names -suppliers numbers, vat rate-percentage, and cost code-description. The data is located at the same spreatsheet but in different workbooks. The first workbook is a workbook that my employees are going to use. The fields that includes are: Company, supplier no, vat, location, description,invoice no, invoice date, invoice received, net, gross, comments. When an employee types the comany's name that automatically brings up the supplier number, and the vat percentage. The only problem is that beacause there are thousands of comanies if the employee types a wrong letter it won't allow to enter it unless is the excact name as the one that I have created on the database. Help: What I would like to do is when the employee start typing the company's name e.g Orange Commuinications Plc. after it type the first few letters the drop down menu to start appearing with suggestions which helps the employee to choose it and also prvent them to make mistakes. When for example I have inserted a companys name when I type below it the same name excel automatically shows the possibility of the name which is good as well but that doesn't help if I haven't inserted that comany on the list. Also after the employee has entered the date of the invoice automaticaly the invoice received field to autofil the date that the user is inputing the data.e.g if the invoice date was 11/11/09 and the user put it on the spreadsheet on the 20/11/09 that field to autofill the 20/11/09 and if it was the 21/11/09 to autofil that date. Formulas: The fomulas that i have used are as follows: Supplier's number =IF($A3="","",VLOOKUP($A3,SUPPLIER!A$2:B$921,2,0)) Vat =IF($A3="","",VLOOKUP($A3,VAT!A$2:B$921,2,0)) Description =IF($D3="","",VLOOKUP($D3,VAT!D$2:E$25,2,0)) Gross =IF($A6="","",J6*C6+J6) I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my request and if there is someone that is able to help I it would be much appriciated. thanks a lot

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hello to all, I am a new user here so if I haven't provided enough info please let me know.

Work:

I have created a large database with companies names -suppliers numbers, vat rate-percentage, and cost code-description. The data is located at the same spreatsheet but in different workbooks. The first workbook is a workbook that my employees are going to use.

The fields that includes are:

Company, supplier no, vat, location, description,invoice no, invoice date, invoice received, net, gross, comments.

When an employee types the comany's name that automatically brings up the supplier number, and the vat percentage. The only problem is that beacause there are thousands of comanies if the employee types a wrong letter it won't allow to enter it unless is the excact name as the one that I have created on the database.

Help:

What I would like to do is when the employee start typing the company's name e.g Orange Commuinications Plc. after it type the first few letters the drop down menu to start appearing with suggestions which helps the employee to choose it and also prvent them to make mistakes. When for example I have inserted a companys name when I type below it the same name excel automatically shows the possibility of the name which is good as well but that doesn't help if I haven't inserted that comany on the list.

Also after the employee has entered the date of the invoice automaticaly the invoice received field to autofil the date that the user is inputing the data.e.g if the invoice date was 11/11/09 and the user put it on the spreadsheet on the 20/11/09 that field to autofill the 20/11/09 and if it was the 21/11/09 to autofil that date.

Formulas:

The fomulas that i have used are as follows:

Supplier's number

=IF($A3="","",VLOOKUP($A3,SUPPLIER!A$2:B$921,2,0))

Vat

=IF($A3="","",VLOOKUP($A3,VAT!A$2:B$921,2,0))

Description

=IF($D3="","",VLOOKUP($D3,VAT!D$2:E$25,2,0))

Gross

=IF($A6="","",J6*C6+J6)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my request and if there is someone that is able to help I it would be much appriciated.

I do apologise for posting it twice but once I'd seen my post I realise that was showing all together and hard to keep track.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Hello,

Possibly they way that I have described it may be a bit confusing.
I just realised that I have seen the box that am looking for on this site.
When you go to advanced search and go to the box search by user.

That is the box that I would like to have in excel. What formulas or VBS codes do
I have to use please?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back