Drop down lists

Amit112

Board Regular
Hi Guys,
I have a field that says Bore size on my form. It consists of a drop down list. I have two other fields on my form, one is part number one is part number 2. If something is picked from Bore size, I want the other two to automatically fill in a specific value that I have given it. Here is an example:

Bore size : 24 part number 1 : 12 part number 2: 23
: 34 : 14 : 45

if i pick 24 as the bore size, the other field will automatically fill in 12 and 23. Anyone know how I can do this. Thanks for the help.

:rolleyes:

If it doesn't work can you send it on here. It probably won't be able to send through email. Thanks Cal

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Amit,
I sent it to you hotmail account, with some extra instructions.

Cal

Upvote 0
Thank you Cal. I really appreciate it. I have one more question that you might be able to help me with.

I have a drop down box that has:

1.1.1 Identification
1.1.2 Mechanical Condition
1.1.3 General Condition, and they each have to be linked to a form in excel , hyperlinked, when you click on it. I have made this drop down list in Access. The problem is that whenever I change the hyperlink to the next file, the previous one doesn't work. Can you explain to me how I should go about doing this. I have about 20-25 hyperlinks that need to be done.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Amit,
I'm just in the middle of running a excel program that going to take about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes to complete. Once that's done, I will take a look at it.

Cal

Upvote 0
Amit,
I ran a quick test.
1. Created a table with hyperlinked excel files.
2. Created a form with a combobox control that pulled the table hyperlinks.

I was able to switch back and forth between them without any issues. I would select one from the drop down. Click on it and excel would open the workbook. I changed it select a new one. Then went back to the first one and it still worked.

I'm running office 2003 and Win 2K.

Cal

Upvote 0
Not to butt in, but I do not follow the hyperlink. Can I set a Command Button in Access to open a desired Ecxel file, and if any changes to the file I could Save As... or Save normally?

If this is possible, could you explain.

Thanks

Upvote 0
TR21Mark,
No problems, if you have a question, butt in anytime. He's some information.

You can build a table and set the datatype of a field to Hyperlink. You can then store your hyperlinks(or file address ex. "C:\test\test.xls") in this table. Now if you open a form and add a combobox control or a listbox control, the wizard will appear, just associate the control to the hyperlink field in your table. Now close and save the form and open it again. Your list box should list all the hyperlinks you have setup in your table. Just click on one and Excel with open with that file.

HTH
Cal

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back