Drop down list to jump to specific cell

nikwak1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet with 7000 lines of data. Out of those 7000 lines there are about 90 cells that I need to jump to quickly, rather than scrolling. I'd love to be able to do it with a drop down list, where those specific 90 cells are listed and you can choose the cell name and the page jumps to the cell chosen. (I would have the drop down list in a cell above the frozen part of the page so it is always visible). I cannot use a table as it is not that sort of a sheet. Have a I described this enough to make sense. Please tell me if not and I will try and make it a better description

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi

If the cells are in a fixed position, why not define them in the name manager - Formulas >> Name Manager - then you can just choose them from the Name Box, or by F5

1726780889888.png

Upvote 0
There's no direct way to create a dropdown list containing active hyperlinks, but you could do it in two columns using a formula.

In the example shown below, the dropdown list in B2 uses E2:E5 as its validation list. When you choose something from the dropdown list, the HYPERLINK formula in C2 converts it to a clickable hyperlink to go to your required cell. Obviously the validation list can go anywhere - on another sheet for example.

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1Dropdown listTarget cells (List for dropdown)
2A30A30A20
3A30
4A40
5A50
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2C2=HYPERLINK("#'Sheet1'!" &B2,B2)
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B2List=$E$2:$E$5

Upvote 0
If you didn't want to click on a Hyperlink after you performed your dropdown action, you could use a Worksheet change event like the following. Assumes the dropdown cell is in A1 (change to suit) - right click the sheet tab, select View Code, and copy the code into the window that appears on the right of screen. You'll need to save the file as either macro-enabled or Binary format.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Application.Goto Range(Target), Scroll:=True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back