Drop Down Form to Populate Report

mmmelissa717

Hey everyone. I was able to build my queries the way I wanted for now but I'm trying to make it a bit more user friendly. As of right now, I only know how to change the client name by going into the SQL page and changing it from there. I somehow managed to create a drop down form that will populate the client I would like and then commands it to open the report that I would like but I can't figure out how to make that report change client names. I.E. I can change the name of the client to Client "A" within the drop down form but it still populates the report with client "B's" information.

Here is the SQL for queries which are the same just pulling from different tables:

SELECT [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].Year, [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[Family of Fund Name], [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[K-1 Cash Movement], [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].SumOfAmount, [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].Year, [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].TTYPS, [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[Sum Of Amount], [SumOfAmount]-[Sum Of Amount] AS [Contribution Difference], *
FROM (SELECT [MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].Year, [MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].[Family of Fund Name], [MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].[K-1 Cash Movement], [MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].SumOfAmount, [Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].Year, [Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].TTYPS, [Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].[Sum Of Amount] FROM [Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company], [MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership] WHERE ((([MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].Year)=[Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company]!Year) And (([MR LE Sum of K-1 Cash Movements by Partnership].[Family of Fund Name])=[Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company]![Family of Fund Name]) And (([Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].[Family of Fund Name])="CVC European Equity Partners IV (C), L.P. 1400")) ORDER BY [Basic Sum of Investran Cash Rec-Dist by Year for company].Year) AS [Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year]
WHERE ((([Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].[K-1 Cash Movement])="K-1 Contribution") AND (([Copy Of Comparing Cash to Investran by Year].TTYPS)="Cash Disbursed"));

The dropdown form that I would like to populate the information with is "K-1 Cont"

Can someone please help me with the language to point to the dropdown form?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back