drop down calander to fill in date

Ralph Gregory

Board Regular
Anybody tell me how to fill in a date in a combobox by picking it from a dropdown calendar? :eek:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I think that you can add the =date() formula as teh default value in the properties of the combo box.

You do want the current date?

Parra

Upvote 0
Thanks Parra,
I just tried that but it fills in the combo box with todays date. What I was after is an actual calendar which you can move around with the mouse to choose a date, click on and the box is filled. in excel there is an active x calendar that you can get to show on top of the spreadsheet but I dont Know how to get a date out of it, and I dont know if theres something similar in Access.

Upvote 0
You can use ActiveX function "Date and Time Picker Control " however, this has a major drawback if you are creating multiuser application as ActiveX is flaky but it works fine for stand alone apps.. To do that you have to make sure that you have ActiveX Date and Time Picker registered under ActiveX controls (if you do not have it you have to find file on the net by serching for Microsoft Date and Time ... - file type should be .ocx) so select from Inset menu ActiveX Contols and scroll down to Date and Tme Picker and here you go.
There are some other shareware calendar modules that you can implement right into your application and they work great but require little bit of programming.

Upvote 0
Waldi said:
You can use ActiveX function "Date and Time Picker Control " however, this has a major drawback if you are creating multiuser application as ActiveX is flaky but it works fine for stand alone apps.. To do that you have to make sure that you have ActiveX Date and Time Picker registered under ActiveX controls (if you do not have it you have to find file on the net by serching for Microsoft Date and Time ... - file type should be .ocx) so select from Inset menu ActiveX Contols and scroll down to Date and Tme Picker and here you go.
There are some other shareware calendar modules that you can implement right into your application and they work great but require little bit of programming.
Thanks,
I tried that over the weekend and the calander is nice but I still couldn't get the result into my field in the database. I'm probably missing something fairly ovious here. I have a job list and the 4th field is DoneDate where I wanted a drop down calendar 5th field is interval and 6th field is DueDate (worked out by adding interval to DoneDate. I've put the calendar on a form but cant link it with DoneDate. I can work out the interval bit once ive populated the field

Upvote 0
You need a command button on your form. Behind the button put this code.

DoneDate = YourActiveXControlName.Value

Upvote 0
You should be able to do it with the exit event of the control
Me.DoneDate = YourCalendar
But this will not give you an opertunity to cancel out!

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back