Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
If you are having a bad PC or a bad Excel day then the following links might help you put your issues into perspective.

For sale : 1 x beautiful looking Italian sportscar on our local auction website (a bit like eBay) : http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Other/auction-40487913.htm

And before the auction closed, check out what happened to the vehicle :
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/298995/?s=
(The link has been changed given the photographs were removed from the original link)

Needless to say, the car didn't sell...

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Given that China tried to deny the number of sars cases they had, and they advised farmers to vaccinate chickens with human flu vaccine... then denied it and the number of reported AIDs cases in China is classified as a state secret.... does this quote from the BBC reports surpise anyone?

"The Chinese State Reserve Bureau (SRB) has denied Mr Liu's existence - despite LME traders saying they know him as China's main copper trader."

I must have mis-read the article about the 'disappearing' part (I can no longer see it?) but I like this understatment : "The SRB is reported to have sent Mr Liu home and told him to keep a low profile." What else would you do if just lost your employer a few hundred million? I'd be keeping an extra low profile....

As you say, facts can be hard to come by but here is a good news story about a Chinese miner rescued 11 days after a mine collapsed : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4448178.stm

Although I suspect he is a bit like the proverbial 'drop in the bucket' given the spate of casualties this year.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back