Does anyone around here play cards online?

phantom1975

MrExcel MVP
I'm addicted to playing cards on games.yahoo.com and was wondering who else out there is too. I'm usually kicking somebody's butt in one of the spades rooms as azgameguy.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I dabbled with Cribbage on Yahoo some time ago but haven't bothered recently, I prefer playing with people in person to honest :)

I play a bit of poker online. Don't do too bad at it but then I only play in the really low stakes tables so it's difficult to lose a lot. Overall my account's up since I first deposited and I haven't had to deposit any since the first time a few months back.

Nick

I used to play spades online a lot in the early nineties back when it was www.zone.com (now it's part of MSN). Back then the challenge was getting through a game from start to finish with no one getting booted off! I'm too busy doin' papa-bear stuff these days. Haven't played more than a half-dozen games of spades in the past several years. But the wife and kids are going to visit her folks in about a month, so I'll check out Yahoo & look for you some time in the back half of June!

The problem I find on yahoo is that there is a terrible streak of unsportsmanlike conduct.

For example if you play Backgammon -often times people will instantly quit if they don't get a great first roll.

I think that's a problem everywhere. Lot of babies out there. Parties at those people's houses must be interesting. :huh:

I used to be big into hearts and spades on gamezone, but as mentioned above, others quit too often when they don't open with the ideal hand.

Text Twist on Yahoo is my current game obsession. It's old, but I can't get enough of it.

A friend of mine plays yahoo spades a lot. What room do you play in generally Billy?

Fyi, his name is allincole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back