Divide (or QUOTIENT) Function Nested in an IF Function Help - for Cubic Feet AND Weight

littledobby

Hi! I'm trying to create a formula to tell me which products should ship via UPS Ground (any product with dimensions of 1 cubic foot or more), which should ship via USPS Priority Mail (any other product with dimensions < 1 cubic foot but that WEIGHS 1 lb or more), and have anything weighing < 1 lb shipping via USPS First Class Mail no matter what.

I haven't yet figured out how to include the weight to find the USPS First Class ones, but I can tell you the Weight is found in Column V.

**Note: The formula to find Cubic Footage is: (L x W x H) / 1728

This is what I used to have when I didn't know the cubic footage was involved (so I was only going by weight (Column V):

=IF((V2095>1),"UPSGround",(IF(V2095>0.99,"USPSPriority","USPSFirstClass")))

This is what I now have, but I don't know how to allow for the < 1 lb weight to force those items to ship via USPS First Class):

=IF((QUOTIENT((AN2095*AO2095*AP2095),1728)>1),"UPSGround",(IF(QUOTIENT((AN2095*AO2095*AP2095),1728)>.99,"USPSPriority","USPSFirstClass")))

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you!

Susie

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Maybe ...

=IF(Len * Wid * Hgt >= 1728, "UPS Gound", IF(Wgt >= 1, "USPS Priority", "USPS First Class"))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Slight correction - anything that weighs 13 oz or less needs to ship via USPS First Class Mail. So it should be anything with Column V (Weight) < 0.82 rather than <.99

Upvote 0
Maybe something along those lines, but the formula to find the cubic footage is (Length x Width x Height) all divided by 1728, not >= 1728. The divide by 1728 is part of the formula needed to figure out the cubic footage. But thank you!

Upvote 0
Got it! Thanks for the idea, shg! Final working formula:

=IF((QUOTIENT((AN2095*AO2095*AP2095),1728)>=1),"UPSGround",(IF(V2095>0.99,"USPSPriority","USPSFirstClass")))

Upvote 0
Slight correction (for the 13 oz part = 0.81):

=IF((QUOTIENT((AN2095*AO2095*AP2095),1728)>=1),"UPSGround",(IF(V2095>0.81,"USPSPriority","USPSFirstClass")))

Upvote 0
The divide by 1728 is part of the formula needed to figure out the cubic footage.
Dividing by 1728 and comparing to 1 is the same as not dividing by 1728 and comparing to 1728.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back