Displaying Query results on form

NRP

Hello - This Board is always so helpful so I will get right to the point. I am building a database in MSAccess 2003 for physcians to track cancer patients they see for Follow Up visits. I have a query that has a Count column which gives me the number of Diagnoses the patient has. When I open the Follow Up form, I run the query On Load, and have a text box that I set the Control Source to equal the Count column in the query
Code:
=[qryProstateDiagnosis]![CountProstate]
Unfortunately, the query runs but the text box gives the me the #Name? error.

I was searching the Board for help and came across a thread on "Showing Query Results on a Form" (posted April 2, 2004). I seem to be folowing "Sydney Geek's" advice. See below-

Try this...

In the form, place an unbound Textbox. The ControlSource should be
=[MyQuery]![SomeResult]

The only way my query might conflict with the above advice is that my CountProstate column is not the only item in the query (my query also has PatientID, DiagnosisCode) BUT, the text box is only tied to the Count column so I'm not sure why the Count number isn't displaying?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :pray:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
OMG I can't believe you just asked...

Ok, just kidding. Welcome to the board. I'm not testing as we speak but I believe you've nailed the problem precisely. Sydney was extraordinarily explicit about describing the query as Single Item.

I'm not certain this is a fix, but have you tried using SQL as the ControlSource/RecordSource instead of a saved query?

Mike

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried using the SQL instead of a saved query and still no luck. Here's my syntax for your review:

SELECT Count(*) AS CountProstate
FROM tblPrmryDiagnosis
WHERE (((tblPrmryDiagnosis.PatientID)=[Forms]![frmPatientInformation].[PatientID]) AND ((tblPrmryDiagnosis.PrmryDiagnosisCode)="185"));

I put the Control Source = to the statement above (and added parentheses per the prompt) and still get the #Name? error. I'm stumped!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back