Displaying an HTML Generated Table

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have HTML code which generates a table. Is there any way to insert this code within a post to display the table? Unfortunately, the other methods of displaying a table are not compatible with my Mac version of Excel.

Thanks!

Assuming it is HTML code, you can try just pasting the code into the post.

I tried that here, but the table doesn't show the formatting, such as bold, shading, and borders. By the way, the code is generated through Excel using the 'Save as a Web Page' option. Maybe this is where the problem lies. Although, when I open the file in my web browser, it displays fine. And when I place the HTML code here, the table displays fine.

The message board only accepts certain HTML tags. Using scripting like you are trying to do will not work. Checking the code on a site outside of the site won't really help since we have different settings here.

You do not want to use HEAD, BODY, or any other such tags. You just want a simple code to display the table without any unnecessary, extraneous formatting (such as highlighting, different fonts, etc.). Bold and italics are fine as are simple TR TD table tags.

You don't need anything overly fancy.

Last edited:
The message board only accepts certain HTML tags. Using scripting like you are trying to do will not work. Checking the code on a site outside of the site won't really help since we have different settings here.

Oh, I see...

You do not want to use HEAD, BODY, or any other such tags. You just want a simple code to display the table without any unnecessary, extraneous formatting (such as highlighting, different fonts, etc.). Bold and italics are fine as are simple TR TD table tags.

You don't need anything overly fancy.

Actually, I'm not really familiar with HTML code. I might have to try experimenting a bit. Otherwise, I'll just have to trudge along without it.

Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back