3. 2016
  4. 2013
  5. 2011
  6. 2010
  7. 2007
  8. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large spreadsheet to run a sporting event with different categories which works fine. The participants nag me for prints every 15 mins which gets a bit tedious
I had this idea to display the relevant data from each category to an external monitor
Attached to the external monitor is a pc so the initial plan was to extract the data as xml or txt and using html and or php or xslt to render things nicely
I spent a while knocking up the code from various repositories only to find it wouldn’t display due to the moronic background blocking by edge of active X scripts and anything else that would be useful
I even tried edge in IE mode and still diddly
Short of retro machines running ie7 does anyone have any code that extracts a range from a worksheet to xml or txt and renders it to a webpage
I was hoping the php code would loop around looking for C1,c2,c3 etc for each category if found display, wait 20 secs, move on in the loop

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I have displayed a live table onto another large TV / Monitor for a Pool league playoff. Select New Window from the View menu, navigate to the correct sheet, and drag it over to the other monitor. This allowed me to work on my laptop to do updates while the participants saw only the table I wanted them to see.

Upvote 0
I would need some long HDMI cables or some senders for that one
I have 100’s of barcodes to zap in and already split that off to another box and even that is blighted by Microsoft locking issues so having to break concentration to switch to another screen might break the flow of things
I was hoping the master pc could dump data out to a folder and have a slave unit read and render it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWahl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back