Disabling Email Security in Access - Again

Serious Sam

I am trying to disable a message that Outlook throws up when I send emails from a database.

Outlook opens and the following message must be answered Yes for each email that is sent.

"A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"."

JMH022 had the same problem back in November and andrew93 provided a few solutions. There was one solution that involved using SendKeys code to effectively click the Yes button automatically. The link that was provided with sample code appears to be defunct.

I am wondering if someone has any ideas or sample code that can address this problem. I need to use code rather than a downloaded tool like Express ClickYes

Thank you

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi Serious Sam

I went back and checked the link for the "Sendkeys" and it was still working - here is the page. It has a section titled "Microsoft Visual Basic (VB/VBA) Sample" - if you scroll down you will find some sample VB code to turn off the warnings (VB is not my forte).

HTH, Andrew. :)

[Late edit] My bad - that page was for VB in conjunction with Express Click Yes which you said you don't want - I'll see what else turns up.

Upvote 0
This was the link for the original forum Q&A here. In the article there is a link to an MS article here - if you scroll down to the heading SendKeys you can't use VB to get around the outlook controls (someone correct me if I am wrong) so I think you might be stuck with a download (Express Click Yes or Redemption) unless you want to do some programming in C++ or Delphi (see here for MS MAPI programming info)

Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brainsanquine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back