Directory and file listing

kmclane

Ok, now on to another part of the project. I have a network share called "reports". Sub folders of type of reports, and under tose folders for month and year, and in those folders, .pdf files. Is there a way to make a dynamic listing that a user could navigate through, get to the .pdfs and be presented with a list of hyperlinks to the individual reports? Fresh reports are added after the end of every month. Thanks, Ken.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Yes, here is a similar (not exact to what you're looking for) using listview to navigate through folders.

http://www.fabalou.com/fullprograms/Dblauncher.asp

Something else you can try is to navigate through the file system object, possibly using the 'standard' windows 'file open dialog' selecting folders or specific files depending on what you need to use.

So yes, generally this can be done.

Mike

Upvote 0
Thanks, I was actually thinking of pulling the directory, subdirectory and file names into fields in a table so I could have a query build a form where the user could use a combo box to choose the month, year ant type of report. I suppose if I could get that to be updataed automatically I could run acrobat from a shell, but not know what version or where it is installed on each computer, I thought a hyperlink would work better. I wanted to avoid having too manually add new directories and files as they are created.
Thanks, Ken

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back