Digital Ink

MorganO

Many years ago I latched onto the idea that the only truly useful computer to the masses would be one that was the same size as a piece of notebook paper, acted like notebook paper (could be folded up, written on), could wirelessly interface with similar paper computers to expand your visual work area, and of course had the full power of today's desktop computers to work with (memory, applications, etc).

I later learned of digital ink - the ability to have paper thin and flexible displays for computers and I have followed the trend ever since. Although some devices do use digital ink technology (Sony Reader, Kindle, etc) none come close to my idea of the simple concept above.

Today I heard of the Esquire magazine special 75th anniversary e-ink edition and was luckily able to get my hands on one.

Although it a bit disappointing (it is primarily just a bunch of blinking blocks of e-ink in a small area of the cover page), it does give one a feel for what the potential future of the written word may be.

This is just a start I know, but I hope to live long enough to see digital paper to take over the world of print and computers!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Recently I have seen pictures of a virtual computer, developed by a company, I do not remember the name of that company, sent by someone on my office email addy.

This virtual computer seems to be a pen. A completely versatile folding pen and compact alongwith virtual keyboard which works on ultra violet rays alongwith a virtual monitor which projects the screen on a wall or a flat surface, albeit an amazing master piece. If you want I can forward you that email provided you forward me your email addy !

This is just a start I know, but I hope to live long enough to see digital paper to take over the world of print and computers!
Hey now I work for a print and paper company and I like my job security at the moment. ;)

But I like the idea of digital ink and I feel it would be better all around for people and the environment, but unfortunately I don't think we will see it in our lifetimes, but it would be great if we did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back