Deployment and Release Issues for Access Package

u0107

Board Regular
Hello,

I am currently in the process of developing an Access Database based Package and I am hoping that the readers of this forum will be able to help me find answers to the following:

The package is in Access 2000 - it seems A2K runs on both win2k and on Win xp while Access XP does not run on Win2k. I have the developer edition of MS Office so I will be able to compile the application to prevent copying.

All sales will be only of compiled versions - Obviously!

The plan is to give a time-limited application for free and then offer the full functionality once the recipient is impressed.

Questions:

1) Will what I have devised / developed be reverse-engineer-able? I have a specific Application based User Id system which controls who can use the application etc. So even with an admin password, one will not be able to penetrate ny application's security - at least I hope so!

2) Has anyone used Installshield or any similar installation package? how much does it cost? What is the licensing policy - per utilisation or unlimited use once the package is purchased?

3) Using an installation package, can I ship my compiled version with just the most basic data in my tables - like a User id which will help create other user ids? Of course my trial package will have limitations on the number of users that can be created but the fully paid for package will have specific number of users depending on "how many user" license the customer has purchased.

4) There is a possibility that additional user licenses will be bought by the customers as time goes by. Has anyone done such deployments without the need to do a personal visit to the installation?

These are just a few - any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Uttam

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back