Deleting posts

Norie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I delete all 6000+ posts I've made in this forum?

Probably something to do with this:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=138581

But no, you can't delete all of your posts, and honestly I don't see any reason you need to feel you should.

I'm assuming your "why bother answering" comment in that thread was meant to be humorous, yes? However, it doesn't really come across that way. It just looks like a rude remark directed to the OP without actually answering his question.

Admittedly, Zack could have worded what he said differently, but think about it: the OP on that thread is a newly registered board member--and receives your reply as one of the first ones they see on the forum and take it at face value. What would you think at first?

This is one problem with the internet. The subtleties of language can't come through and a perfectly innocent sentence can be completely misunderstood. Hence the invention of the smilie. A lot of people don't like to use them but I think this is one example where using the "smilies" can make a world of difference. For example, if you had followed that with the "wink" smilie, it would give a clue (if not making it plain obvious) that you were being funny.

In other words, I don't feel you have anything to worry about, just try to remember that what you mean exactly won't always come across as intended.

I'd like to apologise to every one.

Just having a bad day.

Just wanted everybody to know *publically* that I apologized to Norie. I was wrong for assuming what I did. Everybody has had bad day's - especially me. So I'm sorry if I made your day worse or caused you any harm.

No worries mate, it happens.

I'd like to add, that over the past year (how long have I been a Mod here? :LOL: ) that I've always (should I not use the words 'Never' and 'Always'? :LOL: ) followed up on requests to adjust specific remarks to specific threads.

For whatever reason, people will post remarks or details to the board that in hindsight don't seem quite as clever as they did initially. In such a case, let an Admin or Moderator know what the situation is (please provide a link to the thread in question).

For a list of your friendly Admins and Mods, please see the following:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/groupcp.php?g=18675

This might vary with the forum in question.

:)

NateO said:
This might vary with the forum in question.

Nope! We got rid of the "these people do this forum" thing a while ago. All the mods are lumped into one group and any one of them can moderate any forum with "Moderators" listed as the moderator. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back