Deleting my post

pliskers

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I cannot find the Edit key referred to in the FAQ, which would allow me to delete a post with a question that I no longer need answered. I searched for my threads but don't see any reference to editing or deleting the post.

Any help?

I think I'm right in saying that "standard" forum members cannot soft delete their own posts, even within the 10 minute timeframe after the post was created when the post is editable. I'm sure I've seen MrExcel MVPs soft deleting their own posts in that time period so I guess it's a perk that comes with the title! Of course Mods and Admins are not time restricted in this respect.

So I guess your best option would be the one Texasalynn pointed out: to edit the post as quickly as possible and clear the content. If you miss the 10 minute cut-off you could report the post and ask a kind mod or admin to do it for you (might be best to give a good reason!).

Hello,

Report your post, please explain what the issue is, and we'll look at it for you.

I can undo anything you've done. :)

Unless Google cached it - I'm not sure how to clear their cache.

It's the post under my name that just went up yesterday, labelled "VBA to Automate changing Dropdown box selection ". I no longer need a reply on it, so it can be deleted.

There is no reason to delete posts such as that. If you figured out an answer, you can simply reply to the thread saying as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back