Delete Buttons from Web copy and paste

DaveAtlanta

Board Regular
I have copied some data from a website into my spreadsheet and along with it came buttons for Next/Previous. They don't do anything now, but I can't figure how to delete them off my worksheet.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Right-click on a toolbar and pick Drawing to make the Drawing Toolbar visible. The second control from the left end of the Drawing Toolbar is a white arrow (the Select Objects tool). Click that to turn on the Select Object Mode. You should then be able to select the buttons and delete them. Then just click the arrow again to turn the mode off and the r-click any toolbar and uncheck Drawing.

Upvote 1
The buttons don't respond. I opened the Drawing Toolbar and selected the White Arrow, but when I try to select a button the button clicks but I still can't delete it. I even tried to select the area around and including the buttons but nothing worked.

Upvote 0
I GOT IT!! Yes!!
I had to turn on the Control Toolbar and click on Design Mode, this allowed me to click on a button which selected it and then just push Delete.

Thanks Greg for your help.
Dave

Upvote 1
Hmmm, that worked for me (I tested copying text and buttons from here). If you somehow got them to paste as command buttons, then you might try using the Controls toolbar and switching to Design Mode using the Design Mode button and see if you can grab them that way.

If that does not work, then tell us if you have other shapes/objects/controls on the worksheet that you need to preserve or can we write some VBA code that will kill all objects on the worksheet.

Upvote 1
wow! thank you so much! I had the same issue, and it was driving me crazy!! this solution worked great!

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, and it was driving me crazy!! this solution worked great!
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Those suggestions were for very old versions. What about if you try this?

Press F5 -> Special... -> Objects -> OK -> Press the Delete key

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffiajoseph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back