DatePicker

AlanAnderson

Board Regular
Hi,
I read somewhere that it is not a good idea to use DatePicker as it is possible that some potential users of my program might not have it on their machines.

Is this true? If so is there a way of including it in my code?

Regards,

Alan

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi James,
Thanks for response. I have Office 2003 Professional Edition. If I right click on the UserForm Toolbox I have the facility to Add in MS DatePicker - no problem.
What my concern is; is not knowing whether all other Excel users have this or not. Do they have to do anything on their machines to enable the DatePicker I've used in my code to work?
Regards,

Alan

Upvote 0
If you are referring to the Date and Time Picker, that is part of the Windows Common Controls library. If you don't have the mscomctl.ocx file on your machine, then it won't work.

Upvote 0
Hi James, Thanks for that. Looks complex but I'll give it a try.

Rory, Under what circumstances will mscomctl.ocx be on a machine? Does it come with any specific version of Windows/Office/Excel?

Thanks,

Alan

Upvote 0
I don't know for sure. The Common Controls were originally shipped with Visual Studio but they may also get installed by other programs you install that use them. If you need to be absolutely certain, you may need to create an install program. (or just don't use it!)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back