Date Problems

Acropolis

Evening All,

Been banging my head off a wall with this for hours now and it's stumping me completelt.

I hav a sheet which has a lot of data in it, there are sevral date columns, all these are formatted as short date, and when the data type is changed to general they all change to a serial version of the date, no problem here.

I have a second sheet, which has a data connection, not linked sheet but added a data connection and selected the appropriate sheet and it's added as a table in the second workbook. Some of the date fields come through absolutely fine and show as dates, and if I chage the data type in the table to general they change to the serial number for the date. However, some of them appear at the serial number of the date and alligned left in the cell, if i change the data type to Short Date, it makes no difference and they stay as a serial number.

This happens to the whole column rather than just some dates on that column. have been through and re-typed all the dates manually (twice!) and it fixed one of the cols but made no difference to the rest.

I've tried splitting the date out to the components (day, month, year etc.) and then using Date() to combine it back together, but no joy. I have tried with both the formula in the cell and with just the date in there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Well they sound like text. Try highlighting the column and pressing text to columns then finish.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back