Date issue

garyd1234

Board Regular
Hi,
I am trying to update a table that has all the dates (formatted short date 99/99/9999). the idea is that I put in a start date in one text box formatted the same way and and enddate in another. I use a loop
dim z as date
for z= begdt to enddt
db.execute "update " & room & " set [EventName] = '" & Text 88 & "' where [EventDate] = #" & z & "#"
next z

It always puts the first date in the table (room is tablename). It will not put the next dates in the range in there. Something is changing the format of the date or something when it loops the second time. I cannot figure it out. I've tried format(z, "mm/dd/yyyy") , put it into another varialbe tried z=z+1 when z was not in a loop. Nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I'm really not sure what your problem is as your SQL seems to look ok. Are the variables begdt and enddt declared as Date? If so, maybe you can't increment Dates in a For...Next loop (really not sure). I have done something similar, but I used a Do...Loop to increment the Date by one each time, if you can't get this working, then give that a shot.

Upvote 0
I can't test this at the moment but some thoughts.
SQL use dates in the format MM/DD/yyyy so if you are using UK date format DD/MM/YYYY then you have to chop the date up and put it backtogether in the right order rather than just use the format command. SQL ignores regional settings.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back