Date Input Mask Problem

Liz_I3

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi ,
Iam working with a Access 97 DB. I have a main form with a subform
The sub form is a continuous form. There is a button on the sub form that will duplicate this record. All fields in the record do duplicate below except the date field. If I remove the input mask (short date 99/99/00; or 99/99/00;0;_) then it will duplicated , but is there a way to keep the mask and have it duplicate(copy) at the same time.

All the button is doing is from the edit menu 1, Select Record 2 copy and 3 Paste append. It will not append the date field with the mask.

Thanks
Liz

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
What is the message when you try and paste append? You may be trying to paste an invalid date, perhaps including some of the mask characters.

As a general observation, try not to use input masks with dates, they've given me all sorts of trouble in the past. They don't noticeably increase data input, and formatting and validation is more easily served through the usual tools.

Upvote 0
Hi MudFace
I did not get a message, it just did not paste. However I was told to get rid of the short date formate and use a custom formate to match my input mask and it work ....thanks for you help
Liz

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back