Date formatting within concatenated text box

gheyman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to put the date on my form. But I want it to say "Today is: .........."

I know how to concatenate it ("Today is: " & NOW()) but how do I get the date formatted properly? What I am doing is giving me 7/1/2017 4:41:35 PM

I want it to show Today is: Saturday, July 01, 2017 (the day, month day and year)

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
If its in a formula, try:
"Today is: " & TEXT(NOW(),"dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy")
If its in a macro, try:
Code:
"Today is: " & Format(Now, "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy")

Upvote 0
"Today is: " & TEXT(NOW(),"dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy") resulted in #Name?

Upvote 0
PS Not in VBA its an unbound text box on an access form.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I picked this up in the "zero replies" search, without noticing that it was an Access rather than Excel question.
I've not used Access much in the past, and don't still have a copy if the software (so can't test it), but have found the following using Google - does it solve your question? The format its demonstrating is different to the one that you want, but presumably you can just change the order of the elements: https://www.techonthenet.com/access/forms/format_date2007.php

Upvote 0
Sorry, I picked this up in the "zero replies" search, without noticing that it was an Access rather than Excel question.
I've not used Access much in the past, and don't still have a copy if the software (so can't test it), but have found the following using Google - does it solve your question? The format its demonstrating is different to the one that you want, but presumably you can just change the order of the elements: https://www.techonthenet.com/access/forms/format_date2007.php

Thanks but that doesn't help with formatting within the concatenation problem. I thought you were assuming this was excel because I'm pretty goo in excel and recognized the suggestion as what you would use for excel. Thanks for trying.

Upvote 0
Code:
"Today is: " & Format(Now, "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy")
works fine in vba
if using as a control source, prefix it with =

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back