Database set-up - make date entry fill another field

Jlessard

Good day,
I have an input form that allows a date entry to say that a form was mailed. I can't figure out how to get another field to reference that field and return a yes/null or 1/null.

eg.

Date form mailed Is a form due?
<<Null>> 1/Yes
01/01/01 Null

Was thinking if/then, but no If option in expression builder. Thought about True, but not able to cobble the syntax together.

Guessing that "required" and "allow zero length" fields will be a part of the solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance for your help,
Joe

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi Jlessard,

Lets say you have to put your date in a control called Txtdate, and the checkbox that this textbox is supposed to check is ChkComplete.

Try
Code:
Private Sub Txtdate_After Update()

If Not IsNull(Txtdate) Then ChkComplete = True

End Sub

HTH,

Upvote 0
Please accept my apologies for my ignorance. I am going to try the macro with adjustments for my table.

In an effort to clarify, maybe more information should be given.

Originally the report was produced in Excel, and if the "Date Mailed" column was blank, the "Need to Mail" column displayed a "1", using an if/then stmt. Once date was input to "Date Mailed", the "Need to Mail" column returns a "0".

I though I would be able to make a simple expression duplicate the same function, but must really be missing something.

Is there a "Dunce" icon I can use?

Upvote 0
Ah, okay,

Originally the report was produced in Excel, and if the "Date Mailed" column was blank, the "Need to Mail" column displayed a "1", using an if/then stmt. Once date was input to "Date Mailed", the "Need to Mail" column returns a "0".
Create a query that uses the table that generates this report, but lose the field for "Need to Mail".

Create a new field in the query, and reference the date mailed field like:
(enter this into where you would drag the field names for your query in design view)
Need_to_Mail: IIf(IsNull([Date Mailed]),True)

Then when you make a report, you can use a checkmark control to represent this field, and it should be checked when [date mailed] is null.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Good day,
Excellent! You have saved me hours! If you are ever in Southern Arizona, I'll buy you lunch. : )

Many thanks for your assistance,
Joe

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back