Database Query

NateG

I have a small problem I suppose. I know how to do a database query in excel but I'm not sure how to get certain data in specific cells? Might not be possible but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi Nate,

I think the most you can hope for is to get the data ordered into specific columns -- by the order in which you select the fields when you build the query. Getting it into specific rows is not an option directly, because that will depend on the amount of data in the database.
However, there's nothing stopping you using a lookup function on the query data to grab just what you want.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I had a feeling it would be really difficult if not possible at all. At least now I can look into doing it another way. Possibly with html and absolute postion.

Upvote 0
When you say, "cells", what do you mean? Are you referring to Excel? If so, you can direct data to specific cells...

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm talking about Excel. I want to to have data from Access show up in serveral different cells in Excel. Is it difficult?

Upvote 0
You can place data into what ever cell or range you want using VBA. I don't have an example to post at home (can do on Monday ) But it is something like [ value = worksheet.cell(A1) ] And using the "cell" referance you can even use variables in place of the A & 1 . Will check back on Monday to see where this is at.
Dave,,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back