Database Creation Help

doctor_robert

First off let me say thanks for the responses I got to a post I made ysterday.

I would like to make a database to track calls booked on a daily bases for the company I work for. We use an antiquated text based program for entering information when a customer calls and all of our daily weekly monthly stats have to be done by hand on paper.

What I'd like is this, every day we log how many calls were booked by an employee and how many hours that person worked, that lets us get a daily total and also figure employee averages by day, week etc.

The data I need to store would be the employee ID ( a unique ID of 2 or 3 letters they use to logon the the database we enter calls in) the Date, (currently I have a backlog of 3 months of stat sheets to enter so i need to be able to either enter it for a current date or a past one) First Name, Last Name, Hours worked, Total Calls.

I'd like to have a form to enter this information in preferably one that would allow me to type in many records per date (say 20-30) and another one that would allow me to also enter in personal information for each employee IE: address phone # etc, altho this information would be stored seperately from the daily call information.

I've tried it a few different ways and so far everything I've come up with is difficult to use or loaded with errors.

As an end result I'd like to design reports for the supervisor to print out for stats on an individual basis, also for day week, month etc for the whole shift.

The reports have given me the least problem creating, so that's a side issue, just wanted to be thorough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if any more information is needed I'll gladly provide it.
Thanks,
Doc

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back