Data Migration from Excel to Access

dcsfm2004

I have got so many big excel sheets, I have always problems in manipulating the data. So we have decided to migrate it to Access. I just started designing DB. I am new to this DB modelling.

I just started storing Data which is not calculated value. If it is calculated value I am ignoring. I would like to calculate the calculated value directly in UI.

My question, Is it a good practice to Ignore all the cal´culted values??

what are the limitations of IF conditions in Access ?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Not sure what you are trying to do. Might be better to give an example of what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to do calculations in Access you have to set up a Query with an additional column to hold the calculated value.

I use Access and Excel quite a lot to analyse text files when my usual procedure is to make an Excel worksheet from the text file, import into an Access table for lookups/number crunching. My Queries are usually a "Make Table" Query so I can import data into Excel for formatting and analysis.

This might seem a roundabout way, but I have found that this overcomes problems with corrupt files, strange formatting problems, and the slowness of =VLOOKUP() in Excel. There is also the possibility of error checking at each stage.

I have found no real problems with IF in Access.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pnkundalia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back