Data from Table not populating in a query field or report

Dana5535

I have an access database that I have been working on for a bit. Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far. I very much appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

I have a table with a memo field for notes. I input notes using a form and the table gets populated. However when I try to run a query to pull data, including the notes, nothing is populated in the notes field. Not in the query or the report. (The report is generated using data from the query)

Thoughts on this. The only field I am having problems with is the Notes field.

I have also heard there is a way to get more than the 255 characters in a memo field when running a report, is this correct?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Create a simple test query against the notes field to see if it pulls the data through (do not set any criteria).

A comments field (depending on which version of access you are using can be) 32000 characters.

If the Notes field shows data then add another field and constantly check the Datasheet view as you add one thing and then next, this should be done without adding any criteria then if all the fields show data then again one at a time add in your criteria and change the view. Hopefully you will identify what the issue is.

Upvote 0
Thanks that worked!

I have a new question however. I have written a query here, is the SQL View.

SELECT Contracts.CustNbr, Bills.DODAAC, Bills.BillNumber, Bills.BillDate, Bills.Balance, Bills.Uncollect, Bills.[TBO?], Bills.Category3, Bills.Dispute, Bills.[AtDMO?], Bills.Notes, Customers.Region, SCOs.SCOName
FROM ((Bills INNER JOIN Customers ON Bills.DODAAC = Customers.DoDAAC) INNER JOIN Contracts ON Customers.Customer = Contracts.CustNbr) INNER JOIN SCOs ON Contracts.SCONbr = SCOs.UserID
WHERE (((Bills.Balance)<>0));

However when I run the query, it brings by data by the number of contracts in the Contracts table. For example if there are 2 contracts in on the Contracts table my query shows duplicates the number of bills twice. If there are 20 contracts, it duplicates the same bills 20 times.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Can you give me an example of what you mean by an easy analyzing question? I have tried to "rebuild" the query one field at a a time. Everytime I add the table for contracts it, the number of lines doubles as mentioned above.

Thanks,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aiden Jenner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back