Data filters not working past row 400 (Excel 2010)

edwardaggie98

I searched this forum for this, but didn't find precisely this issue. I have a spreadsheet with around 415 rows and a few columns. Mostly text-filled, but some numbers. I'm trying to filter some of the text columns using the triangle buttons that appear in my top/header row.

When I click the header row button, I can see all the data in it. I'll select a value, and it will filter the data onto that value correctly - except for row 400 and beyond. Every row from 400 to the end of the rows appears and doesn't get filtered.

I've tried selecting that column and then filtering; this has no effect. Also, I have no blank cells in the range.

Ideas?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I had this same problem. Recreating the filter initially didn't work, but I deleted several rows immediately following the last row of my data, removed the filter, and created a new filter, and that fixed the problem. I'm guessing one of those rows kept getting put in the filter even though it was blank and that was causing the problem to begin with. Just in case someone else has this problem in the future...

Upvote 0
I am having the issue of filter showing only 2 dates out of 7 months of data stretching to row 1048118 in Excel 2016. I know it is a huge data and I have checked for any blank rows. There are none. I still went to the last row with data, selected all rows beyond that and deleted them. took filter off and selected the whole column and applied filter again. It is still showing only 2 dates. :(
Any suggestions to fix this will be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back