Data Entry Form

I have a database that I use to monitor the quantities of parcels that our company delivers on a daily basis. I would like to be able to enter this data directly onto Acces rather than cutting and pasting.

To achieve this I need a datagrid where tha lft column is automatically populated with the contents of my delivery point table and that enables me to enter each parcel count next to each delivery point. The point of this is that we have 60 suppliers delivering goods into our depot and we then sort these out according to delivery point and time is very much of the essence in terms of speed of data input.

Any ideas, all appreciated

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Sure would help if we knew where the data you're *pasting* was coming from. I suspect that's why you haven't received an answer yet.

Upvote 0
Okay, in the first place, I don't consider your Excel file a database. Database data is normalized.

The problem with people using Excel for this stuff is that they have "viewing" as their first priority, rather than organized data. So, in order to organize your data to provide what you want, we've gotta take it and turn it all around. No small job--at least to do it right it's not.

As soon as you see yourself using the same data over and over (like you do columns A and B for each day of the week), that should be a hint that it's time to move to Access. In Access, we VIEW that data in many ways, but we store it only once. In Excel you gotta store it or links to it all over the place.

If this were my project, and knowing what I know:
--I'd quit messing around with Excel
--I'd get it into an Access database, hiring someone to do that for you if you don't know how

I don't think you need someone on-site or anything, but I guarantee that the time you save using an Access solution will long pay for any price you pay to develop it.

Oh, and you may very well find someone with an Excel solution, but you'll likely have the same problem every time you want to add *just one more feature*.

This message was edited by Dreamboat on 2002-12-11 01:55

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmrwnx89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back