Data Access Page Hyperlinks

shielerz8

I've just started learning about Data Access Page. I'm running Access 2000 by the way. I created a Data Access Page with list boxes and text boxes. I also created a bound hyperlink object, in which the customer can click to view a new site.

The problem is that it opens in the same window and when hit the "BACK" button, all the values refresh.

Let me give you an example of what I created. I have a table with text fields and number fields. (NO HYPERLINK fields). IN the text fields for the hyperlink, I type in the path for the hyperlink (there are different ones for each record). In the data access page, I grouped a text field and made it a list box. When the data is chosen from the list box, the related data from the next group is populated. I also created a bound hyperlink and associated its control source to the text field with the hyperlink path.

So I didn't WRITE any code to come up with this data access page.
I only want to :
(1) OPEN the hyperlink in a new window so that the values from my initial window does not get refreshed.

:rolleyes: I'm going crazy trying to find solutions!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I guess no one is smart enough to answer my question. It's okay. I was able to find a solution, a very simple solution. Send me mail, if you want it. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
shielerz8 said:
I guess no one is smart enough to answer my question

Apart from yourself obviously.

Perhaps you could share your wisdom.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back