Daily forum lag?

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Does anyone experience a period of about 5-10 minutes each day where the forum seems to either lag or shut completely down? It seems to happen to me between 2pm and 3pm CST every day, but I've seen it as early as 12pm CST sometimes.. Not sure if it is the servers here at my workplace or if it is something more behind the scenes of the forum.

Can't say I have experienced that. Has this just started recently?

I've noticed it for the past several weeks. Will continue to monitor it and post here with what I find.

I have been busier at work lately, so have been spending less times on the board, so I can't say I have noticed.

Here is one tip that may help you determine if it is the site, or your connection. At the "down times", when you get back on the board, scroll to the page that shows the last posts around that slow time. If you see few posts from that time, or a big "gap" in posting times, it may be the board. If not, it may be your connection.

I just experienced this today, at around 1:30 PM EST.

I was away from my computer at that time, but posting times indicate a possible lag spike there.

Did you receive any error message, or did it just take a long time to load? There have been occasions when I got some out-of-the-ordinary error message, but I would suspsect those to be times when the admins are coding a bit.

I actually got an error.

I checked with the Admins, and there is nothing special running at that time. It appears that it may just be volume related traffic that is slowing things down.

I wonder if the admins can check connection logs and see if it is due to user volume, or if it is due to maybe some bots accessing the site. (I'm in over my head here, but I figure I might as well throw out ideas. :biggrin:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back